Wednesday, December 16, 2009

My learned principles...

There are certain things that we have to accept...things that God has instilled in us. Rather than have false humility we must embrace the gifts that God has given us....that being said, I am a leader. Not a learned leader...I have always had the knack for leading...but there are principles of leadership that I learned while in the military that apply to every walk of life. I share them today...and live them every day. Here they are...I have generalized them for anyone and everyone...

Know yourself and seek self improvement
Be technically and tactically proficient
Develop a sense of responsibility among your subordinates
Make sound and timely decisions
Set the example
Know your people and look out for their welfare
Keep your people informed
Seek responsibility and take responsibility for your actions
Ensure assigned tasks are understood, supervised, and accomplished
Train your people as a team
Employ your team in accordance with the team's capabilities

These principles served me well during my 21 year career...hope they are useful to you too...

No comments: