Thursday, December 4, 2008

It is what you say....

I changed my mantra the other day. You know...the things that you utter upon waking up each and every day? Well, I used to say something like, "Thank you, Lord, for just waking me up today and allowing me another day". Now there is nothing wrong with thanking God for anything and everything...I mean, without Him we are nothing. But, I thought about how often I tell God about how I'm gonna do this or that and how incredibly short I fall...well, I guess I wanted to hold myself a little more accountable to Him. So, I decided to change my mantra. From now on I will simply say, "I'm going to do (insert task here) for You, God. The first time I tried it I was amazed at how much conviction the statement held. You cannot say that you are gonna do something for God and renege without being convicted by the Holy Spirit. It just doesn't feel right somehow. Try it...before you take up any task, simply tell God that you are going to commit your effort to Him for His glory. You'll try harder I promise. Not only that but it is hard to say, "I am gonna cuss out that bad driver for You, Lord!" Doesn't sound right, does it?
Let's face it...we would all like to give our all to God...but, in order to give our all we have to be willing to give our very best, our all, for God. Committing each action that we take serves to solidify our actions...for His glory.

No comments: