Friday, March 13, 2009

Pruning time

Had an AWESOME night at ASCEND last night. I absolutely love where God has me right now and what He is doing in my life. The young people that come to each Thursday night meeting are so in love with Jesus and their spirit blesses my own! The thing is...I don't think that they even realize how much of a blessing they are to me!
Here's the rub though...
God never leaves us to one thing for too long. God's word never changes but his method for reaching people always does. We often lose sight of that fact...so much so that when God shows up and wants us to change with Him we often fight it.
We don't recognize that it's pruning time.
You see, in order to allow trees to grow healthy, they must be pruned; that is some of the branches have to be lopped off, removed...so that new growth will occur. If pruning doesn't occur, then the tree doesn't grow as healthy as it might otherwise...and in some cases it could become overgrown or die.
We are God's trees...He is the vine, we are the branches...and we have to recognize that He will have to prune things out of our lives from time to time in order to produce new growth in us as well; lest we too become overgrown or unhealthy to the point of spiritual death.
I do love where God has me at right now...but, I know that He will eventually prune me...what will happen, what things will be pruned...that I don't know...but, I am excited, as we all should be when we think about the Master Gardener shaping us, forming us to grow strong, healthy and whole under His gentle care.
C'mon God...prune me!

No comments: