Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Connect or reject

I love my church. I really do. The only thing that I don't like is the fact that, try as I might, I cannot meet and speak to every single person that walks through the door...I simply can't get to know everyone that attends on Sunday...so far. I painstakingly attempt to shake hands with and speak to as many people as I possibly can each Sunday...and any other day that I am milling about my church home. I am as outgoing and as approachable as I can be in small ministry/small group settings intentionally, so as to better be able to draw close to others and connect with as many people as possible. But, the sad thing is that I, by myself just can't reach everyone...
The point is that we all should be the connecting points not only in our places of Sunday worship...but everywhere we go. The fact of the matter is that most people don't attend or stop attending God "places" and God "events" because they have no relationships with others that attend those places and events...they are not connected....and once they are disconnected it is easy to reject God things. We speak a lot about the church having back doors as large as the front door...but until we make a concentrated effort, church wide, to really connect with the people that enter in...the back door will continue to widen...the hurting will continue to hurt, the lost will remain lost...
We gotta get this thing right! Jesus was all about people and everywhere He went He connected with others...so, the question is are we being connection points or are we the reason that people are disconnecting? Be an outlit today...help someone plug into you first...then help them plug into the bigger picture...the picture of Christ...

No comments: